Thursday, January 30, 2014

Real Model

Over Christmas I got to do some practice on a real person! Most of my styles I have only done at school on a mannequin, so it was nice to get to do a style on a real model. This is a ladder braid done on my little sister. She has super straight, thick, fine hair so it is somewhat a challenge to manipulate into a style. First I put  little hair spray just to add a little texture to help the braid stay as I finished the style. This style looks somewhat complicated but it really isn't. First you decide where you want your part to fall and where you want your braid to lay on the head. Then you start just a regular French braid, letting the pieces fall as you add to the braid. Once you have completed the first braid you make another French braid, using the pieces you let fall as part of your new braid, creating the ladder effect! Somewhat simple, youthful look!

No comments:

Post a Comment